16 December 2009

How not to empty a trash can

At the hotel we have a couple of commercial garbage cans that SDT services every morning. At the Tuesday 4AM pickup, SDT puts the trash in the dumpster and puts the bins back on the sidewalk...with the lids open. As you may recall, we were in monsoon phase at that point so, naturally, the 96-gallon kunks filled up with water.

Here's a hint: don't grab the handle a try to tilt it on its wheels to take it to the storm drain. You guessed it - Aspie boy did just that, not realizing the thing was so full that the water immediately rushed out on all sides, soaking my socks and shoes. At least I found anohter hold on the other can and tilted it away from by body.

So, I get to spend the rest of my shift in my bare feet while the socks and shoes dry at the fireplace. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment