04 December 2009

A hero steps up for Dr. Tiller's memory

Dr. LeRoy Carhart, who in the past spent some time working at the late George Tiller's late-term abortion clinic, has expanded his own clinic in Nebraska to take the patients who would have formerly gone to Wichita.

I am not nearly as militantly pro-choice as I used to be. I can sum up my position in two sentences:
  1. I will not make my agreement with a politician's or judge's stance on abortion a necessary or sufficient condition to vote for her or him.
  2. Judicial and legislative fiat are not my preferred means to reduce the incidence of abortion.
I congratulate Dr. Carhart for the courage to stand up to his convictions; pray for safety of him, his employees, and his patients; and continue to hope that people who disagree with him do so by civil means.

No comments:

Post a Comment