15 November 2009

This week's job hunting

Job hunting is never a pleasant thing, and I figured one thing that would spur me along and actually follow up on leads is if I let everyone know what I'm looking for as I'm searching.

Last week I had a second interview with a company that was looking for inside salespersons; I got a rejection letter from them yesterday.

These leads all came from the 15 November edition of the Times-Picayune:

A job fair for veterans on Tuesday, 17 Nov
Websites for openings at a staffing company, two local colleges and a television station
Data entry clerk, alarm dispatcher, and timekeeper positions for which I am to email my resume
A phone number referring to a tax preparation firm
A retail location seeking entry-level management

I'll be using other tools such as craigslist and Monster and, of course, word of mouth. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment