25 November 2009

Introducing my alter ego


Allow me to introduce you all to my nephew HokieBird (or just Bird for short). As you can tell, he is an incredibly cute stuffed Care Bear-like version of Virginia Tech's mascot. He lives with his mommy (my sister), his cousin Mike the Tiger, and several other stuffed animals up in Virginia.

Bird and Mike have wanted their own blog so they could talk about football and other things that interest stuffed animals with the minds of ten-year-olds. Unfortunately, they have a hard time using a computer, since Bird can only type with his beak and Mike chases the mouse because he thinks it's an actual mouse. When they found out I finally started my own blog they danced like in the Charlie Brown cartoons! When one or both of them want to say something they're going to tell me and I'll type for them. With that said, it's time for me to turn the proceedings over to Bird!

Hi everybody! I'm glad I get to talk to all of Uncle Jam's friends now. I actually got to say something on the Internet a few months ago, when the New York Times previewed my team. For that I had to learn Pig Latin. Next year if I do a preview there maybe I'll move up to real Latin. Anyway, Mike and I are sorry that Mike's Coach Hat acted like a poopyhead at the end of their game last week. We know a lot of Uncle Jam's friends in New Orleans like Mike's team so we try to watch them whenever my team isn't on.

Anyway, I also wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving! But please, don't eat turkeys like me; but feel free to eat ham from pigs like the team Mike plays this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment