15 November 2009

Me in summary

Allow me to introduce myself. If you have any good leads please let me know!

James O. Wicht

816 Arabella St. Apt. B, New Orleans, LA 70115
facebook: jwicht

Objective:

I wish to obtain a paid position in the greater New Orleans area consistent with my skillset that is suitable for a person who has Asperger's syndrome; alternatively, I wish to volunteer my time in order to obtain new documented skills such as Web publishing, QuickBooks, mentoring, teaching, or management so that I can later obtain a paid position in the above fields.


Skill Set Summary:
Typing (50-55 wpm); computer software including Microsoft Office, AS/400 emulators, and relational databases; PC, printer, and small server hardware maintenance and installation; software installation; IP phone system administration; supply and file clerk; customer service call center.


Education, Training and Certifications:
Limestone College, Gaffney, South Carolina (BS in Liberal Studies)
US Navy Sonar Technician (Submarine) “A” School
A+ Certified Computer Technician

Experience Summary:

Goins Aaron, A Professional Law Corporation
New Orleans, Louisiana (Nov 2008-Oct 2009)
Performed a variety of tasks for the firm, including but not limited to serving as an on-site information technology assistant, cataloging and keeping track of file locations, data entry, search and retrieval of existing file data, physical preparation of briefs (i.e. copying and binding), court running, and document retrieval in court record rooms.

Home Automation Inc. (HAI)
New Orleans, Louisiana (Jul 2006-Jun 2008)
In a call center handling customer service and technical support for everyone on the supply chain from employee sales representatives to wholesalers to homebuilders to homeowners. Call data and resolutions were catalogued and analyzed. Member of team which created an online database of solutions based on call content and feedback.

Northrop Grumman Ship Systems
Avondale, Louisiana (Nov 2005-Jun 2006)
As electronics technician was assigned to the interior communications systems of a ship under construction. Duties included troubleshooting, repair, electrical installation and blueprint reading. Also communicated with outside contractors and other departments involved with Northrop Grumman.

Other previous experience
Computer technical support – 2 years as contractor for IBM; 1 year as contractor for then-BellSouth
Retail sales – 3 years as a grocery store cashier; 1 season as a tax preparer; insurance agent for AFLAC
(Recipient of Fast Start award at AFLAC)
US Navy – Submarine Sonar Technician (Received honorable discharge)

References will be given upon completion of an interview.

2 comments:

  1. James,
    Nobody knows what Asperger's syndrome is, except for the accounting people, because I think that's a requirement to become an accountant. Don't put that in your resume! People will think you're in a coma or something. Reminds me of some movie where a spleen injury is being faked. First the faker grabs his neck and says "Oh my spleen!" and when he realized that was the wrong location, he grabs his groin and says "Oh, my spleen!" again. It's only funny because not many people know where the spleen is, only where it's not. Insert Aspergers for spleen. Still pretty funny, because nobody knows what it is.

    I know you and I don't know what Asperger's is, really. Give em a chance to meet you first; you are friendly and can be charming.

    Sarah C

    P.S. Were you really a Sonar Technician or is that something you put at the end to see if we were paying attention?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really was a sonar tech, on a submarine no less. Yes, I hit my head on something just about every day. And, I don't normally mention Asperger's on my resume but put it on here because it's as much an introduction to me as it is a job-hunting tool.

    ReplyDelete